Health Tip: Use Petroleum Jelly to Protect Your Skin
(HealthDay News) — The skin is the largest organ in the human body. And petroleum jelly is an inexpensive, readily available way to help protect it.
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests:
- Apply petroleum jelly to damp skin, including lips and eyelids.
- Apply it to minor cuts, scrapes and scratches to keep nearby skin from drying out.
- Apply it to body areas prone to chafing.
- Apply it after a diaper change if your child is prone to a rash.
- Apply it to nails and cuticles between polishes. This will minimize brittleness and help prevent chipping.