Health Tip: Avoid the Appearance of Aging
(HealthDay News) — There’s little you can do about wrinkles appearing — they’re a natural part of the aging process.
That doesn’t mean you can’t take steps to avoid becoming too wrinkled, the American Academy of Dermatology says.
Here’s are the academy’s suggestions:
- Wear sunscreen daily and apply it to all skin that is not covered by clothing.
- Do not tan from the sun or a tanning bed. Exposure to UV rays can accelerate aging, leading to wrinkles, age spots, a blotchy complexion and skin cancer.
- Use a moisturizer.
- Test makeup and skin care products to determine if you will have a reaction.
- Use such products as directed.
- Stop using products that sting or burn unless prescribed by a dermatologist. Irritating the skin may make signs of aging more noticeable.